Saturday, December 10, 2011

Be Brave and Be Kind


My class of second graders is full of some of the most delightful humans I know. For many reasons. They are curious and adventurous and loving. They are excited about learning and exploring and simply being. Do you remember this story from a few years ago? This very small child pulled several of his classmates out from the earthquake rubble at his school. Many of the young children I know would probably do the same thing if they were put in the same situation. I want a kind and brave heart like that, too. I am grateful I am surrounded by little humans that teach me a wonderful and happy way of being in our world.

2 comments:

Cai-Jo said...

Yes, no wonder Jesus said the Kingdom of heaven belongs to children. I'm still young, but I want to keep that child's heart forever.

plus size formal dresses said...

Yes, be brave and be kind!