Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Fun


I'm cooking up a fiesta of Mexican cuisine this evening. There is no occasion. I just love good food and it's a nice way to bring together many of my favorite people. And it's summer! We can eat outside. And, HELL, I've got nothing else going on these days. HA HA HA. Isn't teaching a fabulous profession? Seriously friends, summer vacation is a part of the annual teaching cycle that I'm learning to relish more each year.

Touch Blue is the title of a very lovely little book I just finished. It would be a fast read for lots of sixth graders, but has complex themes about wishing and about what makes people a family, and about luck. The setting was an island up in Maine with a family with a dad who is a lobster fisherman. Cool stuff. I don't think this book is officially published yet, but Lisa, my librarian sister, has come through again with two full boxes of great books that she has bequeathed to me and my classroom. Thanks sis!

No comments: