Sunday, March 14, 2010

Faeries of Dreamdark

I am a hobbit loving fantasy freak. I inhabit a world that my active and powerful imagination is constantly filling with magical creatures and stories. I am currently in the process of writing an alien/sorcery adventure. Yet--I rarely come across new fantasy books that I truly enjoy. Even Harry Potter didn't kindle much of a flame for me.

Lo and behold! I am only on page 99 of the first book in this series, but the hook in my reading mind is already set deep. The tug of being reeled through this world and story is a steady and wonderous pleasure.

A desperate wish: that I can somehow get this book for either a literature group set or even a whole class read-a-loud set. Shush now, I can wish.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Amy, I just found your blog and wish that I had learned about it a long time ago. I also teach middle school lang. arts and am so happy to have found someone else who wants to inspire their students to read as much as I do. Thank you so much for this fabulous blog!