Sunday, February 21, 2010

Choclate Chip Cookies and Beef Stew

I had a pancake disaster two weeks ago and my best mate has been super sick. We went for a couple weeks with out much delicious cooking or eating here on planet fun. But my cooking adventures have now started back up.

First. I've tinkered with this chocolate chip cookie recipe over the past few months and it has now evolved into a recipe that produces perfectly moist and delicious cookies every time.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cream:
2 cubes butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1.5 tsp vanilla
Add:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 (a little heaping) tsp salt
1 (a little heaping) tsp baking powder
a whole bag of chocolate chips. (I like the miniature ones these days)

Bake at 375 for 10 minutes


Second. I made a hearty and delicious beef stew today. I'm going to put it into a beef pot pie for dinner tomorrow. I don't want to forget what I did to get today's stew so nice, so before I forget, here's how I made it:

Beef Stew
Caramelize half of a chopped onion in olive oil.
Add a package of cubed beef and also add one chicken bullion cube
After the beef has browned, add water, parsley, and 2 bay leaves and let it all simmer for 90 minutes.
Add 5 chopped potatoes and 5 chopped carrots, boil for 30 more minutes
Add a can of sweet corn and a packet of brown gravy, turn down heat for last ten minutes.

Hrm. Was that all I did? Yeh. I think so. I'm looking forward to the pot pie tomorrow.

I want to have about 12 main dish recipes and 6 dessert recipes that reliably turn out well. That's my goal.

1 comment:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.