Monday, December 29, 2008

Endings and Beginnings

Deep, deep breath. Inhale. Exhale.

Dear Blog Readers,

Sorry for the very long interlude. I promise that I will be posting more regularly. I've had some big upheavels in my personal life. When major fault lines get shaken it's scary and not so easy to sit still and write, (or sit still and read for that matter). But I am back. The changes are all good. And I'll likely talk more about them later.

I've always reserved this space for an eclectic mix of book reviews, teaching reflections, and even some personal stuff.

Tonight I had a "dance party" with my three daughters. We used to do this often, the first year they were here, but haven't for a long time. We hooked Harriet's ipod up to the sound system and jammed to Soulja Boy, DJ Unk, Missy Elliot, and T-Pain. Clara showed me how to krump, E rolled around on the floor making a big fool of herself, and Harriet used her new video toy to record the whole thing. I so love my daughters. I deeply adore their amazingly strong, gorgeous spirits. And I am so blessed to have them as my daughters.

1 comment:

Mrs. V said...

I am sorry that you were having a difficult time, but I am glad that you were able to have some fun with your kids over winter break. I bet that really helped! It sounds like everyone had a lot of fun too!