Saturday, June 07, 2008

48 Hr. Update

I've slept a lot, and read a lot.

Books finished:

Teaching for Comprehending and Fluency, by Fountas & Pinnell
Smiles to Go, by Jerry Spinelli
More Horowitz Horror, by Anthony Horrowitz
An Inmate's Daughter, by Jan Walker
Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's

There are blurbs on all of these over at goodreads. I'm almost at my halfway mark. I won't be sleeping as much in the next 24 hours of this endeavor. But I don't think I'll be setting any reading records, either.

I am feeling ready for the "whatcha gonna learn and think about this summer" meme to start making the rounds. Especially the Teaching for Comprehending and Fluency book made me want to start a list of summer goals. I know, I know. Breathe. Take a break. But summer dreaming and learning is one of my most favorite parts of the yearly teaching cycle.

1 comment:

Mary Lee said...

Funny you should mention the Summer Goals meme. Franki is going to start it early this week -- she's itching for some goals, too!