Friday, June 06, 2008

48 Hour Read-A-Thon, GO

I am still recovering from an "all-nighter" this week. I spent almost all of Tuesday night creating and burning 30 copies of the 2008 Washington 6th Grade Video. I love iMovie, but making a movie is a very intense process. Our "Sixth Grade Promotion" was Wednesday morning and it was quite beautiful. Lots and lots of tears. They were such a great bunch and I will really, really miss them.

I am relieved that it's finally summer, though. I'm teaching 16 fourth and fifth graders for four weeks of summer school starting Monday, but the whole set up and curriculum and everything is very low key. It's some extra money and a nice way to get my own 10-year-old daughter some solid, structured summer learning time.

This weekend is MotherReader's 48 Hour Read-A-Thon. I am probably still going to be catching up on some sleep and reveling in the official start of summer, so I'm not aiming too high on the contest side of this event. But I am still participating and I'm starting my official clock now. 7:02 p.m. Utah Time.

No comments: