Monday, December 10, 2007

Seven Things Meme

Seven Things About Me As A Reader

1. I am currently zipping through The Diary of Anne Frank, for the very first time.
2. I learned to read before I turned 5 and have no memories of the process, just mom's stories.
3. It's only been in the last two years that I've started reading lots and lots of kid lit.
4. Contemporary mystery novels are my escpape books.
5. My all-time favorite book, a novel called The Brothers K, by a brilliant writer named David James Duncan, still continues to shape how I relate to the world. It's a deep well of hope and goodness to which I often return.
6. My reading interests are very broad: I like adventure books, fantasies, mysteries, realistic fiction, poetry, contemporary non-fiction on religion, science, and politics, biographies, funny books, and gothic, urban fantasy stuff. Here's all I need to get into a book: sentences that are well crafted and either a great story or some interesting ideas to explore.
7. Ok. I'll admit it. I aspire to be not just a reader of fine books, but also a writer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

before you were four years old if you count seeing a simple word like cat and repeating it.