Monday, October 22, 2007

Getting Parents into Books

For the first time ever, I've had several parents request my permission to keep a book that their child just finished, so that they can read it too. This can only be a positive indication that my students are becoming joyful, habitual readers at home. So much so that they're already spreading the luv....

Yes. Yes. Yes.


Ms. T. said...


I've been reading your blog for the past couple months and I am totally inspired. I'll be completing my student teaching in 6th grade special ed. in the next few weeks and I wish I would have had a supervising teacher like you. I find that your passion and zest for teaching are insatiable! Thank you for all the inspiring words over the past few months. You've become my virtual role model.

-Ms. T
A student teacher in VA

TRMite said...

keep blogging Amy.

AMY said...

ms. t-

wow! thanks for the amazing comment. I enjoy blogging---as a way to reflect, and as a way to shape my little world, but it is sooo satisfying to know my words are landing in a real live human brain.