Thursday, August 09, 2007

2 Years

It's been a little over two years since my three daughters deplaned at the Salt Lake City airport. Fresh from Kampala, Uganda: eager, nervous, trusting, bald, and hungry. I've become quite a bit more relaxed in my mom-role lately. Yeah, there are tons of things that scare me and tons of things I wish I knew how to do more skillfully, but we're doing okay. Easter, Harriet, and Clara know they're loved and they are constantly learning and growing.

One of the few family traditions that we've established is an annual, summer Lord of the Rings marathon. I was so delighted the first time we watched it together---to observe how quickly they were engrossed. We're just embarking on our third year of this tradition, and I can safely say that we are still LOTR fanatics.

No comments: