Monday, July 30, 2007

Tag, I'm It!

I love to relish momentous occasions with a bit of fanfare and hype. Megan, at Read, Read, Read tagged me with a meme. So here it is, thwump, my first, official meme catch:

I am a good teacher because...
There's nothing else I'd rather be doing. I love teaching and don't ever fantasize about other professions or regret my decision to become a teacher. My heart is very much in my teaching work.

If I weren't a teacher I'd be a/an...
An anthropologist, a librarian, a scientist, a writer, a web designer, a circus clown, or a mathematician. Oh wait, I already am all these things. See? Teachers get to dabble in many interesting jobs.


My teaching style is...
Responsive, flexible, and creative.


My classroom is...
Exactly 900 square feet.


My lesson plans...
Start taking shape the second I wake-up.

One of my teaching goals is...
To sustain a strong writing workshop throughout the year.


The toughest part of teaching is...
It takes a helluva lot of stamina to keep my physical, emotional, and mental systems fully engaged day after day, week after week, month after month. Keeping enough energy pumped into all three of those critical realms is often quite tough.

The thing I love most about teaching is...
My relationships with so many spectacular children, and teaching math.

A common misconception about teaching is...
That all teachers can be lumped into one, easy-to-criticize, label, and "fix" group.


The most important thing I've learned since I've started teaching is...
That doing the job well is much, much harder than it appears.


And to celebrate this occasion I'm gonna indulge in a tiny fiesta. Fresh salsa and avocados for dinner tonight.

3 comments:

Megan Germano said...

beautifully said... for everything. Isn't this stuff fun!

Mary Lee said...

Love the "if I weren't a teacher" answer! SO TRUE!!! And the stamina answer! SO TRUE!!! And the fresh avacados! SO YUMMY!!!

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

Hi Amy! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad to see your blog, too. To be continued...